Tel: 0208 5472171
Glazing is an increasingly important factor when specifying wooden sash windows, especially in period properties. Thermal performance, acoustics and heritage looks are all influenced by the choice of glass. Because Woodland manufactures all our double glazed units in-house we have the flexibility to choose the most suitable glass for any given situation.
All double glazed units are manufactured to the relevant standards (BSEN 1279). This not only gives us total quality control, it also allows us to manufacture a wide variety of specifications including energy saving Argon and Krypton gas-filled units, slim-line heritage units and acoustic glass.
All Woodland windows incorporate the latest glazing technology:
- Planitherm ‘Total+’ soft coat low E glass and Argon cavity for improved thermal performance.
- Warm-edge spacer bar to minimise internal condensation
- Typical glazing U-value is 1.2
- Typical overall sash window U-value is 1.4
Other glazing options include:
- Acoustic glass for improved sound reduction
- Slim-line sealed units for heritage windows
- Safety glazing
- Obscured and patterned glass
- Anti-bandit glass
- Traditional leaded lights
- Switchable glass
- Ultra-clear low-iron glass
- Self-cleaning glass
- Antique drawn glass